In the debates Biden made a misleading claim.
BIDEN: “I’m not opposed to the Justice.”
FACT: Biden and Harris have both publicly opposed Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination to the Supreme Court, despite glowing reviews from the legal community and her colleagues.
- Biden put out a statement in opposition to Judge Barrett’s nomination.
- Biden’s running mate, Kamala Harris, tweeted that she strongly opposed Judge Barrett’s nomination.
Previous Fact Checks
- BIDEN: Voters “Don’t Deserve” To Know My Position on Court Packing
- Flustered Nancy Pelosi: “We’re Going to Be Talking About the 25th Amendment.”
- FACT CHECK: Susan Page is Flat Out Wrong–Economic Growth Hasn’t Stalled
- Fact Check: Did Biden Say No Coal Power Plants Will Ever Be Built In America If He Wins?
- Fact Check: Biden Says “We should wait and see what the outcome of this election is, because that is the only way the American people get to express their view, who they elect as president and who they elect as Vice President.”
- Fact Check: Biden Says “There’s a hundred million people with preexisting conditions and [their insurance will] be taken away as well.”
- Fact Check: Biden Says He’s “Not Opposed to the Justice” Nominee Amy Coney Barrett
- Fact Check: Did the Obama/Biden Administration Deplete the Federal Stockpile of N95 Masks And Not Build Back The Supply?
- FACT CHECK: Did Biden Use the N-Word 13 Times?
- FACT CHECK: Biden Wrong to Say, “I’ve Never Spoken to My Son About” Ukraine Business Deals
- Fact Check: Did Amy Coney Barrett Take a Swipe at Trump in 2016?