Wallace, Rove, Spicer & Fahrenkopf Defended Steve Scully. Their Comments Did Not Age Well.
Steve Scully confessed to lying about the hacking of his Twitter account when he was faced with a questionable conversation with former Trump aide and fierce Trump critic Anthony Scaramucci. As a result, C-SPAN indefinitely suspended its political editor.
For the 30-year C-SPAN veteran, the news came on the day of what was expected to be a career highlight. The second debate between President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden was to be moderated by Scully, which was cancelled after this controversy.
Wallace, Rove, and Spicer Defended Steve Scully Over The Tweet. Their Comments Did Not Age Well.
Steve Scully got a clear vote of confidence last Friday, from a host of popular Republicans the morning after a tweet from his Twitter account sparked an outcry in the political media.
These comments did not age well:
Fox News Host Chris Wallace, Fox News analyst Karl Rove and former Trump White House press secretary Sean Spicer, came to Steve Scully’s defense; after Frank Fahrenkopf, co-chairman of the Presidential Debates Committee, revealed that the Scully’s tweet was the result of a hack.
- Chris Wallace said, “Steve Scully has been an honest, fair reporter. I have to say I was somewhat concerned when I heard about this tweet exchange with Scaramucci, but apparently it never happened.”
- Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer also came to Scully’s defense: Steve is a good man…
- Karl Rove enthusiastically endorsed Scully’s integrity: “Well, if Steve Scully says his account was hacked and he didn’t send the message, I believe him. I’ve known him a long time. I see him as an honorable person. A good choice for the debate moderator. I could see somebody trying to do this. If he says that he didn’t send a text message to Anthony Scaramucci, I would believe Steve Scully. We need to hear from him.”
- Frank Fahrenkopf, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, said on Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade’s radio program: “We went with Steve for a couple of reasons, number one, and I think you’d probably know him: Steve is a man of great integrity, OK? He worked for Biden—he was in law school [actually, he was an undergrad at American University in Washington, D.C.] and he became an intern. You know, law school students are looking to get an intern, that’s when he interned for him.”
- Anthony Scaramucci said, “I accept @SteveScully at his word… He is an objective journalist.”
If Democrats didn’t lie and cheat they would never win an election.
How many times can someone claim their account has been hacked….remember Anthony Weiner……lifelovesliberty.com