Frontier Co-op Stinging Nettle Leaf, 1/2-Pound, Cut
• When the fresh plant is brushed, the tips can cause irritation, thus the common name “stinging”.
• When the herb is dried, the constituents responsible for the sting quickly dissipate.
• There are two species of nettle recognized in pharmacopoeia as interchangeable: Uritica Dioica or stinging nettle and Urtica Urens or dwarf nettle.
• Common names include common nettle, nettles and sumidad de ortiga (Spanish).
• Disliked by hikers and outdoor enthusiasts. but beloved by herbalists.
Frontier Co-op Stinging Nettle Leaf, 1/2-Pound, Cut & Sifted For Teas, Soups, Smoothies and Stir Frys